- 20 ug (DNA1070) $ 1,150
- Name of plasmid: pLV-EF1a-Rhesus NIS-PGK-Puro
- Description: pHR' SIN-EF1a-RhNIS-PGK-Puro plasmid DNA
- Amount of DNA: 20 ug
- Promoter: EF1a: elongation factor-1 alpha promoter for constitutive gene expression in numerous cell types, particularly in cells where other promoters are silenced. PGK: mouse phosphoglycerate kinase I promoter drives puromycin resistance for selection of transduced cells.
- Transgenes: Rhesus sodium iodide symporter (RhNIS) and puromycin resistance (Puro)
- Proposed Use: For generation of lentiviral vector stocks encoding Rhesus sodium iodide symporter and puromycin resistance in a triple transfection protocol.
Transgene Validation: HeLaH1 cells were transduced with LV-EF1a-RhNIS-PGK-Puro and selected with puromycin. NIS mediated 125I uptake was assayed in the presence or absence of KClO4, a competitive inhibitor of iodine uptake.