Anti-human (ETNL) NIS antibody (affinity purified)
- 100 ul (REA009) $ 450
Description: Affinity purified rabbit polyclonal antibody to human (ETNL) NIS
Antigen: Synthetic peptide GHDGGRDQQETNL corresponding to residues 631-643 of the human sodium iodide symporter, hNIS (ref.1).
Detects both the native and denatured forms of human NIS. This antibody recognizes an intracellular C-terminal epitope. This antibody does not detect rhesus, mouse, pig or dog NIS.
Host Species: Rabbit
Isotype: Not applicable. Polyclonal affinity purified antibody.
Concentration: 1.5 mg/mL
Species reactivity: Human
Tested Applications (see references below):
- Flow cytometry (1:500 dilution) Refs: 2,3
- Immunofluorescence (1:500 dilution) Refs: 3,4
- Immunohistochemistry (1:5,000 dilution) Refs: 5,6
- Western Blotting (1:1,000 to 1:5,000 dilution) Refs: 1,5
Selected Product References:
1. Wapnir et al. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003. 88-1880-1888.
2. Li et al. FASEB J 2003. 27: 3229-3238.
3. Paroder et al. 2013. J Cell Sci. 126: 3305-3313
4. Dohan et al. Mol Endocrinol 2006. 20: 1121-1137
5. De la Vieja et al. 2004. J Cell Sci. 117: 677-687
6. De la Vieja et al. 2005. Mol Endocrinol 19: 2847-2858
7. Tazebay et al. 2000. Nat Med. 6: 871-878
All testing were performed by scientists at Imanis Life Sciences.
Immunofluorescence staining for human NIS expression:
HelaH1 cells stably-expressing (left) human NIS or (right) rhesus macaque NIS were fixed, permeabilized and stained with anti-human ETNL NIS antibody (1:500 dilution) followed by an Alexa Fluor 594-conjugated anti-rabbit secondary antibody and Hoechst 33342 to stain nuclei. Cell photos were taken at 200X magnification.
Immunoblotting for human NIS protein:
Total protein (20 ug) from parental HeLaH1 (lane 1), HeLaH1 cells stably-expressing human (lane 2), mouse (lane 3), rhesus macaque (lane 4), pig (lane 5) or dog (lane 6) NIS were subjected to SDS-PAGE and western blot analysis using anti-human ETNL NIS antibody (1:3,000 dilution) and HRP-conjugated anti-rabbit secondary antibody. A 90kDa band of NIS was detected.
(Left panel) parental HelaH1 cells or (right panel) HelaH1 cells stably expressing human NIS linked to enhanced green fluorescent protein (GFP) were fixed, permeabilized, and stained with anti-human ETNL NIS antibody (1:500 dilution) followed by an Alexa Fluor-594 conjugated anti-rabbit secondary antibody. Samples were subjected to flow cytometry analysis.