Anti-rat NIS antibody (affinity purified)
- 100 ul (REA008) $ 450
Description: Polyclonal antibody to rat NIS
Antigen: Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues 603-618 of the rat sodium iodide symporter
Detects both the native and denatured forms of rNIS. This antibody recognizes an intracellular C-terminal epitope that is conserved between rat and mouse NIS
Host Species: Rabbit
Isotype: Not applicable. Polyclonal affinity purified antibody.
Concentration: 1 mg/mL
Species reactivity: Rat, mouse
- Flow cytometry (1:500 dilution)
- Immunofluorescence (1:500 dilution)
- Immunohistochemistry (1:500 dilution)
- Western Blotting (1:500 to 1:1,000 dilution)
Selected Product References:
1. Levy et al. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 1997. 94:5568-5573
2. De la Vieja et al. J. Cell Sci. 2004. 117:677-687
3. Nicola et al. Am. J. Physiol. Cell Physiol. 2009. 296:C654-C662
4. Tazebay et al. Nat. Med. 2000. 6:871-878
5. Paroder-Belenitsky et al. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 2011. 108:17933-38.
Immunofluorescence staining for rat NIS expression:
HelaH1 cells stably-expressing (left) rat NIS or (right) human NIS were permeabilized and stained with anti-rat NIS antibody (1:500 dilution) followed by an Alexa Fluor 594-conjugated anti-rabbit secondary antibody and Hoechst 33342 to stain nuclei. Cell photos were taken at 200X magnification.
Immunoblotting for rat NIS protein:
Total protein (10 mg) from HeLaH1 cells stably-expressing rat (lane 1), dog (lane 2), pig (lane 3), or rhesus (lane 4) NIS were subjected to SDS-PAGE and western blot analysis using anti-rat NIS antibody (1:3,000 dilution) and HRP-conjugated anti-rabbit secondary antibody. The top band (~75-90 kDa) represents the hyperglycosylated form of rNIS, while the bottom band (~60 kDa) represents the hypoglycosylated form of rNIS. Data from Dr. Nancy Carrasco's (Yale University) laboratory.