- 20 ug (DNA1043) $ 1,150
- Name of plasmid: pLV-SFFV-Luc2-P2A-human NIS
- Description: pHR' SIN-SFFV-Luc2-P2A-hNIS plasmid DNA
- Amount of DNA: 20 ug
- Promoter: SFFV spleen focus forming virus promoter for high constitutive gene expression in numerous cell types. Unlike the CMV promoter, SFFV works very well in human, rodent, and other animal cells.
- Transgenes: Human sodium iodide symporter (hNIS) and firefly luciferase (Luc2)
- Linker: Self-cleaving peptide P2A
- Proposed Use: For generation of lentiviral vector stocks encoding firefly luciferase and human NIS in a triple transfection protocol.
Luciferase Assay: 104, 105, or 106 LV-Luc2-hNIS transduced cells were placed in wells of a 96-well plate and 0.3 mg of d-luciferin was added to the indicated wells. The plate was immediately imaged using a Xenogen IVIS Spectrum.
Uptake Assay: NIS mediated 125I uptake of LV-Luc2-hNIS transduced cells was assayed in the presence or absence of KClO4, a competitive inhibitor of iodine uptake.